Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Dog Tags and Pedigree Papers

deltasol wrote:
So at least here in the nation's capital, getting your drivers license is a big enough hassle already; don't complicate my day even further with this McCarthy-esque tactic to increase our security.Also, the last time I checked, I was an American. I don't want my every move tracked. I don't want my whole life sitting in any more databases than it is right now. I feel as though the government is taking away all my freedoms in order to "protect" them. National ID cards will not stop illegal immigrants from coming in...it's just another example of Big Brother watching us in the Bush administration.

Back on the "Real I.D." Act and its twin brother "The Patriot Act". The "War on Terror" has become a war on American individual freedoms and it looks as if we are headed for wearing a mark on our foreheads to show our allegiance. Deltasol, you are correct, the government is taking away our freedoms in order to "protect" them. This administration is the Master in invoking the 'fear factor' so that we can be protected from terrorists. With the 'newspeak' conjured by this administration, along with the blatant lies for justifying its actions, the average George thinks everything is lovely. Take my picture, register my gun, search my library and medical records, search my house with a self written warrant, all in the name of protecting me. I can do with less protection from the government, thank you.

The attack on the Judicial System is undoubtedly one of the most sinister ploys from the Extreme Right. When the individual citizen can no longer depend on the courts to uphold his/her individual rights, we might as well flush the Bill of Rights and the Constitution down the toilet. George Orwell had it right, it justs looks as if his calendar was about 21 years off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Site Counters