Friday, November 04, 2005

Sorry Gang

I have to admit this was a busy week and I haven't had the focus on things as I should. I will be moving a family member to, of all places, Nashville over the weekend. So if anyone has anything new, use this post. You guys have been great to be so patient and keep things going.

A couple of quick thoughts.
I haven't had time to read up on "Scalito", but he sure is more qualified than Meirs. I don't know if he is out of the mainstream or not, but he is no O'Connor. I'm not sure yet how I feel about him, but I can predict that he will be confirmed with a fight. He would only need 51 votes

Bush popularity falls below 40%. Further evidence that he is a sitting lame duck president.

Tax study group advocates eliminating deduction for mortgage.

"Scooter" Libby is a small fish, a bigger fish may get caught yet.

Back on Monday, have a good weekend.

3 Comments:

At 3:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LR You hit the nail on the head :)

 
At 5:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Am simply amazed that Holmes is even in the supervisors run off. The man had no creditable address, no car, nothing.
He used the county car as his personal vehicle.
We the tax payers pay for thes people to use cell phones at our expense, I can image many of them also use it for personal use. Do we pay for over useages ?
This just goes to show people qualifications and honest plays no part in any elections.

 
At 12:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dog, regarding Holmes possible re-election. He must be a man of the people.nofatcat

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Site Counters