Monday, August 01, 2005

My Heroes Have Always Been Cowboys

Or should have been. Red Dog soured on Major League Baseball during the "Strike" and I have never been the baseball fan since. These prima donnas make too much money and take themselves way too seriously.

On the day after two deserving greats, Wade Boggs and Ryan Sandberg, made the Hall of Fame, a would be Hall of Famer, Rafael Palmeiro, tested positive for steroids. This is particulary hard for Dog to take since Palmeiro has some ties to the State (ok, he's not actually a Mississippian). Palmeiro was one of the few guys I actually followed, especially since he was closing in on 3000 hits. I even saw his testimony before Congress when he stated, emphatically, that he had never used steroids.

How can he say he doesn't know how they got there? I hope there is a feasible explanation as do millions of kids who thought he was great.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Site Counters