Sunday, August 28, 2005

Katrina - Sommbitch

I hope if any of you have friends and relatives along the coast and in New Orleans, they are safely out of harm's way. It looks like Katrina will meet or exceed Camille in destruction. Hopefully, lives will be spared. If you need it, here is the link to the National Hurricane Center.

I went and bought $2.47 a gallon gas today, wonder what it will be like tomorrow? Futures opened up about $5 a barrel to just over $7o and could go higher. Here is the MSNBC Link.

We should feel some winds in the Delta tomorrow of around 30-50 mph.
Stay Safe

4 Comments:

At 9:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dog, MSNBC looks like the first to tie Bush to Katrina at:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3626796/
I didn't relize that 30% of our oil came from the Gulf of Mexico? I was thinking another Gulf.
Nofatcat

 
At 1:30 PM, Blogger Red Dog said...

Of course it's his fault, Cat. Along with all the other stuff they pointed out. Glad MSM is waking up.

 
At 1:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dog, A Blog at WWLTV.com had a line buried deep down that I'll Quote "Some six-thousand National Guard personnel from Louisiana and Mississippi who would otherwise be available to help deal with the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina are in Iraq."unquote. I don't feel very political either about the loss south of here but the sniping has begun. Nofatcat

 
At 5:37 PM, Blogger Red Dog said...

Well, that's a statement of fact, but I'm assuming that other guard units from other states can pitch in to help, much like the power companies do. What's tough will be those serving in those units that have families in the hurricane affected areas. Not knowing and worrying could cause one to lose concentration and could be fatal. That's not good.
I promise I will not be kind to "fearless leader" later on, but not now. He does need to get back to D.C. and quit vacationing. I'm sorry I'm just not going to go there, yet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Site Counters