Wednesday, August 26, 2009

A True Statesman is Gone

Senator Kennedy left us last night and the last true Statesman in our country left us with a dream to carry on. He may have been frail in the flesh, but he was strong in the spirit. goodbye Senator, well done.

I am personally sorry to see the Senator gone without completing his mission for healthcare reform, but for a selfish reason, I am sorry to see him gone because of his brain cancer. The
Senator and I have the same diagnosis, Glioblastoma Multiforme, a stage 4 brain tumor. I had my surgery in March of this year, he had his in May of '08. He was my gauge. He had his surgery at Duke, I am in a clinical trial at Duke. I feel good about my progess. I am saddened about his death. It just reinforces our own mortality and begs the question of whether we will be remembered for what we did or what we didn't do. There is still life to live. Peace. Dog

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Web Site Counters